Are you a Qualified Accountant? (or soon to be qualified)
Want to further your career….in Paradise?
The Caribbean is calling you!!!
Each year the worlds top accounting firms (Big-4 and 2nd tier) recruit Qualified Auditors to enable them to service their international clients presence in the top offshore jurisdictions located in the Caribbean. The Caribbean is home to substantial offshore financial centres, primarily comprising Bermuda, British Virgin Islands(BVI), Cayman Islands among others.
With each destination offering a tropical island experience revealing its own unique characteristics and charms, it really is time to consider a move….
A move to an offshore financial services centre can really enhance your career, and subsequent future roles. The nature of the clients and calibre of work provides exposure to large organisations operating a myriad of structures across all regions of the world. These clients lead to:
- International Experience
- Cross-border transactions and interaction of relevant International laws
- Close working relationship with Senior Decision Makers
- An International network of professional contacts
- Colleagues of differing cultural backgrounds
It all adds up to complement your skills gained through your professional training and previous role, providing you with a well rounded skill-set for your future. Whether you would like to return home, or move on to another international destination…from London to Hong Kong, and everywhere in between is an option.
Due to the nature of the unique operations of clients within the offshore jurisdictions, all employers provide a comprehensive training and induction program upon commencement. Employees will generally start 2-3mths before the relevant busy season they have been recruited for, with the preceding time used to train the employee with the required skills.
Professional development is ongoing during your contract relevant to Financial Services.
Due to the nature of the islands operating as offshore financial services centres, the majority of the clients and subsequent roles are focused in the various areas within these industries. They primarily comprise:
- Captive Insurance
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Structured Finance
Additional industries are also serviced within these centres, but primarily the element of these international firms offshore presence relates to relevant holding companies and group funding structures for International capital flow and asset protection.
Crystal clear blue water, beautiful white (and pink!) beaches = Tropical Paradise!
Island life is idyllic, with many positives in comparison to working within a traditional city as required for the quality of work provided. The outdoor lifestyle is relaxed, surrounded with plenty of likeminded professionals creating a very sociable atmosphere. From a multitude of restaurants and bars, to the many social sporting pursuits, an active social life is the norm not the exception.
Some of the benefits include:
- Great work / life balance
- Strong Expat communities, with a mix of cultures from all over the world
- Active social life
- Short commute to work
- Numerous sporting clubs with high participation rates
- Travel opportunities
In conjunction with living a life on a tropical island, each provides an ideal location for short breaks away. The Caribbean islands all have excellent connections to the USA, providing opportunities to explore North, Central and South America.
Weekend / Mini-break opportunities enjoyed:
- Shopping in New York
- Concerts in Miami
- Partying in Las Vegas
- Golf trips to Jamaica
- Surfing in Costa Rica
- Salsa dancing in Cuba
- West Indies cricket matches
With such diverse cultures all within a quick flight, trips are numerous and frequent.
Prospective employees must:
- Be Qualified (or very near at time of interviewing), and a member of a professional accounting body (CA/ACA/CPA/ACCA)
- 3+ years Audit experience
- Commitment, be prepared to sign a contract for a period of two years (some maybe 18mths). This is to ensure you are there for two busy seasons across the first six months of each calendar year
Big-4 trained Auditors are always held in high regard due to the renowned training provided. However, firms also look to diversify their intake with employees from 2nd-tier backgrounds, as in many circumstances Auditors from these firms have a different experience handling a portfolio of clients.
* Please note, only Qualified Accountants are able to make the move due to Visa requirements within the local jurisdictions.
A Caribbean Islands Audit role provides:
- Very competitive International salary ($USD)
- Low personal income tax
- Relocation package, generally consisting flights to the Caribbean and temporary accommodation and car hire for two weeks upon arrival
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
The Process – How to make the move
- Register your interest below
- One of our consultants will contact you to conduct an initial consultation and answer any questions you may have regarding the Islands
- Provide assistance with tailoring your CV for the offshore world
- Mentor you regarding interview skills, preparation and tips
- Secure your role in the first half of 2016, ready for a second half commencement (this is generally the start of October, but can vary slightly from firm to firm)
All of our consultants are Qualified Accountants that have previously lived on one of the Caribbean islands, having made a very similar move to you as a professional Accountant. They have been there, done that. Perfectly placed to advise and assist you in your career progression, whilst introducing you to paradise!
What are you waiting for?? Register today!!
Register Your Interest