|Salary/Level||$70k+ (Commensurate with experience)|
|Experience Level||Senior Auditor|
|Date Added||June 4, 2013|
Our clients are leading international accounting firms providing audit and assurance services to a variety of specialised financial services firms within Bermuda. The roles offer excellent opportunities to enhance your skillset servicing international clients whilst working in perennial sunshine. The opportunities provide you with exposure to truly international structures and operations, focused across the range of financial services industries from Hedge Funds, Private Equity / Special Purpose Vehicles to Captive Insurance structures and everything in between.
We are seeking outgoing candidates whom wish to develop their career whilst enjoying a healthy work / life balance and contributing to the local communities social, sporting and lifestyle pursuits.
Successful applicants will manage a portfolio of clients whilst working within a team and its structure employed, inclusive of directly with partners. All firms actively encourage both career and personal development programs, employing a combination of in-house training and local seminars presented by recognised industry leaders. Firms are also open to providing support to external training programs such as the Chartered Financial Analyst program.
Successful applicants will possess:
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA/CA), from a country recognised by the Bermudian Institute of Chartered Accountants http://www.icab.bm/Admissions/OtherProvinces.aspx
(Other professional qualifications, or a member of CA Institutes of countries not listed above, are not appropriate for these roles);
- 3 years experience within public practice, ideally Big 4 but strong Mid-Tier firms also accepted;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, excellent excel skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to servicing clients;
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Insurance industry experience or exposure (preference to candidates will be given to those with such attributes when apply for Insurance specific roles).
Desired experience, but not required:
- Exposure to International Accounting Standards and US GAAP;
- Exposure to financial instruments and pricing;
- Experience in the financial services sector.
Whilst the aforementioned skills are preferable, comprehensive training is provided in the relevant industries and reporting standards.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, approximately USD $70k p/annum (tax free) + performance bonus.
Bermuda is a collection of islands encompassing beautiful beaches, clear blue water and palm trees whilst possessing a traditional English feel as the oldest British Overseas Territory. With excellent direct flight connections to the east coast of North America, big city escapes aren’t too far from your tropical paradise life.