|Job Type||Auditing, Captive Insurance|
|Salary/Level||Commensurate with experience|
|Experience Level||Senior Manager|
|Date Added||July 11, 2014|
Our client is a leading international accounting firm providing audit and assurance services to a variety of specialisied financial services firms across the Caribbean. The role offers an excellent opportunity to enhance your skillset servicing international clients whilst working in perennial sunshine. The opportunity provides you with exposure to truly international structures and operations, focused across the range of financial services within Insurance and Captive Insurance.
We are seeking outgoing candidates whom wish to develop their career whilst enjoying a healthy work / life balance and contributing to the local communities social, sporting and lifestyle pursuits.
As a Senior Manager in the insurance audit practice you will have responsibility for the overall engagement management of some of the firm’s most significant and challenging clients. This position will encompass significant technical (US GAAP/SEC/IFRS) experience together with Audit Committee and Board exposure. It will also involve coordinating global audits with other firm offices around the world. Your role will also include performance evaluations and mentoring as well as taking a leading role on non-client initiatives of the firm (e.g. business development; training; risk management). You may also be involved in a variety of Advisory related projects that could include merger and acquisition transactions, risk and compliance projects or restructuring engagements. This is a senior position which will provide the right individual the challenges and opportunity necessary to make the next step to partner.
Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years audit experience, at least 5 of which must be in a management role.
- Significant experience in insurance in a US GAAP and/or IFRS environment.
- Significant SEC experience and experience of working in a PCAOB environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Business development skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate of engagement teams, including education and coaching on technical matters.
- Experience in managing and completing multiple engagements.
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, with a tax rate in the single digits.